Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Real Gospel...1 Cor. 15:1-11

Please read 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 before reading...

Reminder...here is the real Gospel (1-2):
- which you received as your foundation
- which saved you
- which is the only truth
- which makes life worthwhile

Real Gospel means Christ fulfilled the Messianic prophecies (3-8):
- He died for our sins
- He was buried
- He was raised on the 3rd day
- He appeared to the 12 apostles, more than 500 believers, and Paul in a later vision

Paul’s take on his salvation:
- I am the most insignificant apostle
- I am least deserving
- I persecuted God’s people
- God’s grace reached me and changed me
- God has enabled me to work harder than all the apostles

After reading Paul's words, I must ask myself the following questions:
1. What does the Gospel mean to me?
2. What are the elements of the true Gospel?
3. How do I view my salvation and calling in light of Paul's perspective?

No comments: