Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

what do i believe?

I am holistic. I believe that the treasure of Christ can and does permeate every aspect of life. I will not limit my thoughts to purely spiritual or church matters. My belief is that the sacred vs. secular distinctions created by our modern western mindset has created a gulf where there is none. Jesus did not come to have a compartment of my life – He came to invade my world…and yours.

My belief system is as complex as my God. My perspectives and views are changing, contrary to my God. I am constantly being shown where my beliefs are out of line with the unchangeable Truth. What do you believe? Is your belief worth dying for? Is it worth living for? Trusting the Truth is risky, dangerous…adventurous. I have staked my today and tomorrow on Truth. If it fails, so do I.

2 comments:

Becky said...

dude you gotta do more than 1 days worth you are amazing. you should put your sermons on it lol

Justin said...

Hey, thanks Becky! I will try to be semi-consistent with this blogging thing! Good idea about sermons - I'll give that some thought!